There’s lots going on throughout the academic year, and we understand that studies, sports and socials sometimes take priority to your responsibility in your student house. So, we thought it worth reminding you of your duties as a Mistoria tenant.
When you first moved in, you and your housemates will have been told how we expect you to behave and look after your property whilst you’re living there, but here’s a reminder of your the simple dos and don’ts…
- Keep the property clean and tidy at all times – common sense, surely you do this at home, so why not in your term-time house.
- No food to be left/eaten in bedrooms – we know you do this, but be smart and don’t leave evidence of it.
- No Blu-Tac on walls – it causes grease marks.
- Rubbish to be removed, do not pile up bags in the yard – again, common sense, who wants to live in a rubbish tip?
- Keep all rooms vented – open windows a little whilst you’re at home, use extractor fans in bathroom when showering and the kitchen when cook, or open the windows and back door.
- Tenants are shown how to top up boiler, clean out hoover and clean out filters in washing machine – stuff you may not have known before to a little maintenance on your part will ensure these essential; household items stay in a good state or repair and effective working order.
- Tenants to be shown what the likely cause of black mould is and shown how to avoid black mould and condensation in the property by using the silent fans as well as opening the windows and doors frequently – as in point 5, plus don’t put wet clothes directly on radiators. Also see our dedicated condensation page.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in properties, especially Cannabis – make your student house a nice environment for everyone and smoke outside, away from open windows and doors.
- Drug taking is Forbidden. Any form of recreation drugs are Forbidden – it’s illegal. End of.
- Baby wipes/wetwipes and kitchen roll must be disposed of in a bin and NOT flushed down the toilet – these wipes do not break down like toilet tissues and can cause blockages.
- Shower plugs to be kept clean as they will clog with hair – a quick wipe with some toilet roll after each shower should do the trick.
- Use boiler timers or set rooms stats – this help keep the house pleasant, stops mould and prevents pipes from freezing in cold weather.
- INTERNET – Downloading/streaming films will reduces speed and restrict other household users.
- Use the Freshdesk online ticketing service on the Mistoria Estate Agents website to report maintenance issues – texts and emails won’t be responded to.
- Keep gardens and yards clean – see point 4.
- Anti-social/irresponsible behaviour will not be tolerated – you each have equal responsibility to make your student house a safe and pleasant place to live for yourselves and your neighbours.
Failure to follow the above points may result in the Mistoria maintenance team being called out and you being charged for any work carried out to fix or replace the problem.
If you have any questions about any of the points listed above, please contact your local Mistoria office on 0800 500 3015.
If you’re looking for a Liverpool or Salford student house, please contact us and let us help you find the perfect place to call home for the next academic year.